Print This Post
Product: Health and Beauty (Slimming)
Advertiser: Georgi Girl
Medium: Internet (Third Party Website)
ASAI Code 6th Edition: 1.6(c), 2.9, 2.12, 9.1, 9.2
Advertising on dealrush.ie for Georgi Girl referred to the following:
“16 Euro for a Pack of 30 Natural Tummy Slimming Patches Including Delivery - Buy 60 or 90 for Extra Savings
• Only 16 Euro for for a Pack of 30 Natural Tummy Slimming Patches Including Delivery.
• Only 26 Euro for for a Pack of 60 Natural Tummy Slimming Patches Including Delivery.
• Only 34 Euro for for a Pack of 90 Natural Tummy Slimming Patches Including Delivery.
• 30 day supply of all natural slimming patches is the perfect and simple way to kick-start your progress.
• Simply fix one patch to the navel area and it will sit discreetly all day, helping to break down fatty cells and tone your stomach, working towards that bikini body for this summer.
• Evenly reduces and blocks the absorption of grease, sugar and starch.
• Helps burn the fat and detoxify the toxicants accumulated in the body.
• Significantly and effectively slims up the entire area.
• Wear one for 12 hours a day under clothes for tummy toning.
• All natural healthy ingredients which means no side effects”
The complainant considered that there was no scientific evidence to substantiate the claims made in the advertising.
The advertisers said that on receipt of correspondence from the Authority they removed the marketing communication in question. The advertisers also offered their apologies for any errors within the contents of their advertising.
The Complaints Committee considered the detail of the complaint and the advertisers’ response. They noted that while the advertisers had removed the marketing communication in question, that they had not submitted any scientific evidence on the results of practical trials on human subjects to substantiate the claims made in their advertising. In the circumstances the Committee considered that the advertisement was in breach of Sections 2.9, 2.12, 9.1 and 9.2 of the Code.
The advertising should not be used in the same format again without adequate substantiation for the claims made.