Print This Post
Product: Holiday Packages
Medium: Internet (Company Website)
Codes:ASAI Code 6th Edition: 1.6(c), 2.7
The advertisement provided the following offer:
“Hotel TOP Molinos Park
• Free Cancellation until Sun, 18 Oct
• Book now, pay later
• Breakfast Included
• Special Deal
• No Expedia booking or credit card fees
All-Inclusive plan - Rate includes the following:
• Room accommodations
• Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Soft drinks, local beer, wine, spirits and cocktails served 10 AM - midnight
• Snacks including burgers, chips, pizza and ice cream
• Resort recreation facilities
• Resort activities and entertainment
• Free laundry facilities
• Kids’ club, children’s pool, playroom, entertainment and children’s restaurant area
Not included: Premium alcohol, drinks before 10 AM and after midnight, phone and Internet usage, dry cleaning, room safes, medical services. Restrictions may apply”.
The complainant said that he booked the all-inclusive plan as outlined above. On receipt of his itinerary by email he was informed that his booking included breakfast. When he enquired about the all-inclusive plan which he had booked, he was once again informed that his booking included breakfast only. He queried why he had not been given what he had booked and had not been provided with any further information in the matter.
The advertisers failed to respond to the complaint.
The Complaints Committee considered the details of the complaint and expressed their concern at the advertisers’ failure to respond in the matter. They reminded them that there is an onus on advertisers to ensure that their advertising is in conformity with the Code.
In the absence of a response from the advertisers, the Committee upheld the complaint under Section 2.7 of the Code.
The advertisement should not run in its current format again.